Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
 
Bookmark and Share

Home / Ministries / Mother Of Hope
Mother of Hope Orphanage: Mother of Hope Donations | Mother of Hope Update
Mother of Hope Orphanage - Anjara, Jordan

“Helping those who help the most vulnerable”

“The religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans.” James 1:27

***PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR AN UPDATE***

The next best thing to taking an orphan into our home, is to help those institutions who do.

After much research, including personal visits and interviews, St. Mary's has selected an orphanage in Jordan that we would like to sponsor on a long-term basis.

Situated in the small village of Anjara, in the northern part of Jordan, the “Mother of Hope” children’s home cares for 32 children, who have been either orphaned or abandoned by their parents.  The home is run by “Our Lady of the Mount” parish and school, and is under the Latin Patriarchate.  They receive no government funding.

With the blessing and support of Msgr. Maroun Laham (Auxilary Bishop & Vicar General of the Latin Patriarchate in Amman, Jordan) and our own Metropolitan Philip Saliba (Antiochian Archdiocese of North America), we want to raise funds to support this orphanage so that they may continue to grow and expand to accommodate the growing needs, especially in light of the tremendous influx of refugees from Syria.

There is an urgent need for this orphanage to build sleeping rooms for the teenage boys, who currently don’t have a permanent place to sleep.  The priests and nuns there are trying to accommodate them in different areas of the school, but that in itself is creating other issues.

The pastor of the church, Fr. Hugo Alaniz, has architectural plans in place, and is ready to build, pending the availability of the funds.   The land has been donated, and the cost to build is two hundred thousand dollars.

Our financial support is predicated on shared responsibility by the local leadership.  Once they raise 20%, we have committed to lead the fundraising efforts for the remaining 80%.

St. Mary Orthodox Church is partnering with other churches and orgainzations in the Chicagoland area to raise funds. All donations to this orphanage may be made to St. Mary, and are tax deductible to the extent of the law.

Once this immediate need is addressed, our hope is to continue to support the Orphanage on a long term basis.  We want to provide as many orphans in Jordan as possible, not only a loving home, but an environment that’s conducive to excelling academically and socially.  As adults, these orphans, will return to their former childhood home and become the home’s benefactors, creating a positive cycle, that’s sure to expand, for the well-being of all future generations.

God bless you for your generosity!

Adult Bible Study

All adults are welcome to attend our weekly Adult Bible Study. The class will be given in Arabic by Fr. Danial Doss.

 


Godparents' Sunday - October, 22nd 2017

Calling all Godparents! Make sure to bring your Godchild to church this Sunday!


St. Mary’s Co-Ed Volleyball League

Our volleyball season is near and the excitement is building. 

Start date is October 22, 2017*



 



Bookmark and Share